New Mexico Library Foundation
Since 1992, NMLF has helped New Mexico libraries foster lifelong learning and ensure relevance to the communities they serve.
The New Mexico Library Foundation supports identified needs of New Mexico libraries. We do this by providing grants to libraries to build and maintain their collections, update information access technology, and enhance library programs.
- Community Engagement – Strengthen relationships through mission review, evaluation, and partnerships.
- Fundraising – Revise strategy with new initiatives, clear goals, and increased donor engagement.
- Organizational Health – Continue to refine and strengthen operations.
- Public Relations & Marketing – Refresh our presence by highlighting opportunities and sharing our stories, thus increasing our impact across New Mexico.
Click on the files to read the full strategic plan and 2020 update:
Board of Trustees
Trustees of the New Mexico Library Foundation act as voting members of the Board with full authority and responsibility to develop policies, procedures, and regulations for the operation of the Foundation. They monitor the financial health of the Foundation, award grant funds, and work collectively to ensure the Foundation’s overall efficiency and effectiveness. The Trustees bring a wealth and variety of personal and professional experiences to the Board, including knowledge in the areas of fundraising, libraries and museums, business management, or work with non-profit organizations in general. While not a requirement, the majority of Trustees possess direct library experience within the state or region. The twelve Trustees are nominated and elected by the Board for staggered 3-year terms and the President of the New Mexico Library Association and the State Librarian serve as Ex-Officio, non-voting Trustees.
- Norice Lee, Chair. Las Cruces, NM
- Kat Gullahorn, Vice Chair. Los Lunas, NM
- Olivia Baca, Treasurer. Albuquerque, NM
- Janice Kowemy, Secretary. Laguna Pueblo, NM
- Alyssa Russo, Grants Administrator. Albuquerque, NM
- Tammi Moe, Archivist. Gallup, NM
- Tamara Grybko, Parliamentarian. Albuquerque, NM
- Cecilia Stafford, Nominations Chair. Gallup, NM
- Samanthi Hewakapuge, Fundraising Chair. Farmington, NM
- Rachel Altobelli, Trustee. Albuquerque, NM
- Amalia Giebitz, Communications Chair. Albuquerque, NM
- Sharon Amastae, Trustee. Lincoln, NM
- Eli Guinnee, Ex Officio, New Mexico State Librarian. Santa Fe, NM
- David Cox, Ex Officio, President of the New Mexico Library Association. Socorro, NM
The New Mexico Library Foundation is a New Mexico 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. NMLF supports libraries in New Mexico by allocating funds to libraries of all types and to non-profit organizations that directly benefit libraries.
©2020 by NMLF~ All Rights Reserved