STEM Innovation Grant Guidelines
New Mexico Library Foundation
The Development Grants application cycle is open for Spring 2021. Application deadline is April 30.
Grantees must submit an application for grant funds and a final report in accordance with the time frame outlined in the Project Description.
For questions and further details, please email email@example.com.
The NMLF grant process is competitive. The Foundation awards funding to approximately 20% of grant applicants in a typical year.
Grantees must submit an application for grant funds and a grantee final report in accordance with the time frame outlined in the Project Description.
In addition to libraries in New Mexico, the following groups are eligible, in collaboration with libraries: museums; tribal and community organizations; public school districts; and private/public elementary and secondary schools (as listed by NCES); academic and research institutions; and 501(c) (3)nonprofit charitable organizations.
Organizations must provide the following to be considered for funding:
- Operating budget for current fiscal year
- Financial statement
- Proof of 501(c) (3) status
These documents should be submitted electronically with the grant application.
Funding is available for innovative library services in the areas of science, technology, engineering, mathematics, (STEM) and the environment.
STEM Innovation grant requests must include programs or projects that:
- Provide students developmentally appropriate opportunities to grow an innate interest in STEM.
- Provide professional development opportunities that improve and develop the content knowledge and instruction skills of PreK-12 STEM teachers.
- Develop, improve or expand programs, resources or curriculum available in STEM classrooms and other learning environments. (Equipment requests must be integrated into a comprehensive STEM project.)
- Enable students to have the core competencies needed to pursue a career or degree in STEM fields.
- Strengthen and expand opportunities for after-school science activities.
- Support the transfer of classroom STEM knowledge to real-life applications.
- Make STEM fields feel more accessible by introducing students and teachers to individuals in STEM careers.
When preparing your project budget, please note that grant funds may not be used for:
- Computer hardware
- Construction, equipment, or office furniture (see Eligible Projects exception)
- Expenses not directly related to the project for which funding is sought
- Salaries that exist as part of the organization’s operating budget
- Pass-through funding
- Projects with a potential conflict of interest
- Projects with proprietary elements, such as for-profit activities
- Lobbying, political contributions, fund-raising events, or similar activities designed to influence legislation, or political campaigns
- Donations, endowments, challenge grants, matching funds, scholarships
- Direct payments to members of the public
- Food or food service items
The deadline for applications is November 30th.
Organizations may only submit one request in a 12-month period. This includes colleges, universities or other organizations with several departments/outreach programs.
The grant funding range is from $3,000 – 5,000 over a one-year period.
The New Mexico Library Foundation is a New Mexico 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. NMLF supports libraries in New Mexico by allocating funds to libraries of all types and to non-profit organizations that directly benefit libraries.
©2020 by NMLF~ All Rights Reserved